Thomas M. Cooley Law School Stadium
Construction Management (CM)
City of Lansing
Clark Construction Company was the Construction Manager for this 6,000-seat minor league baseball stadium, home of the Lansing Lugnuts and initially named “Oldsmobile Park.” This extremely challenging project was completed (from design to occupancy) in twelve months. Clark used innovative scheduling and construction methods to complete this landmark project.
The Clark Team completed much of the enhancements made to the stadium during its first three seasons, including additional seating, upgraded concessions, etc.
- 150,000 cubic yards of dirt was removed
- 60,000 man hours from Local Unions were utilized
- 17,500 square yards of sod was installed
- 6,500 cubic yards of concrete was poured
- 70,000 utility bricks and 65,000 blocks were put up
- More than 6,000 seats installed in the bowl surrounding the infield
- 400 tons of steel was erected
- 568 pieces of glass were installed
- 2,700 gallons of paint were spread
- There are 26 suites that make up the upper deck
Clark Construction Company received both the prestigious, national AGC “Build America Award” and the MIchigan AGC “Build Michigan Award” for exceptional management of this challenging project.